What is also great is that instead of going through the hassle of roasting and pureeing sweet potatoes, you can just buy baby food! One jar of pureed sweet potato baby food is the perfect amount for this recipe. It is also one of the greatest cheats to this recipe that makes it so quick and simple.
Chicken Satay with Sweet Potato-Peanut Sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Star Fine Foods Asian Soy & Ginger Cuisine Cooking Oil (or Canola Oil)
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Sweet Potato Puree (check baby food aisle!)
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Juice of 1 Lime (2 tablespoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 12 Wooden Skewers
For the Sweet Potato-Peanut Dipping Sauce:
Combine the minced garlic, coconut milk, sweet potato puree, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine until smooth. Set aside.
For the Chicken Satay:
Heat a grill or large skillet over medium heat. Cut the chicken breast into one-inch thin strips. Thread the chicken breast strips onto the skewers. In a small bowl combine the salt, garlic powder, black pepper and smoked paprika. Evenly sprinkle the spice mixture onto both sides of the chicken skewers. Brush the 2 tablespoons of Asian Soy & Ginger Cuisine Cooking Oil over the chicken skewers to evenly coat. Add the skewers to the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning the chicken halfway, until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Serve with the dipping sauce and either cooked rice, couscous or quinoa. Enjoy!
Originally on The Girly Girl Cooks