Friday, May 29, 2015

Creamy Basil Vinaigrette

There is nothing I love more than a good salad. One that makes you forget you aren't eating a cheeseburger and fries because it's absolutely fabulous.


I've never been a "simple vinaigrette" type of gal with just lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, salt and pepper. I find the dressing somewhat bland and lacking. It just doesn't do it for me. This vinaigrette is so light, healthy and refreshing with the right amount of flavor and sweetness that I always use as my go-to vinaigrette. Most of the time I make it with dried basil which is just as flavorful. Usually I'm never lucky enough to find fresh basil in our grocery store.

Besides being tasty enough to drink with a straw, it is ridiculously easy to make as well. Add the ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake it!


Creamy Basil Vinaigrette
Servings: 1/2 cup
  • 1/3 cup Basil Infused Olive Oil (or any EVOO)
  • 2 tablespoons Honey
  • 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
  • 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Honey Mustard
  • 2 cloves minced Garlic
  • 2 tablespoons fresh minced Basil or 1 teaspoon dried Basil 
Combine all the ingredients into a jar with a lid. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until the dressing has become emulsified and the ingredients incorporated. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 1 week in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

Originally on The Girly Girl Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment