Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Huckleberry Smoothie

One of the many benefits of living in Montana are the wild huckleberries that grow in the mountains over on the western side of the state. I have some really great memories of huckleberry hunting with my mom and sister when my family would go camping at the lake. Even though we were totally freaked out about the possibility of running into a black bear while scavenging for berries, we didn't care. Huckleberries are just that good!



One of my favorite ways to enjoy huckleberries is with this huckleberry smoothie. While I was pregnant, I'm pretty sure I drank this smoothie 2-3 times a week because I craved it so much!

It doesn't get any easier than just adding all the ingredients to the blender...


Hitting the "on" switch and blending until smooth!


Healthy, gorgeous and delightful!


Huckleberry Smoothie
Servings: 1-2
  • 2/3 cup Blueberry-flavored Greek Yogurt
  • 3/4 cup Milk
  • 1/2 large Banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen Huckleberries
  • 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
  • Optional: Vanilla Protein Powder
Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into large glass and enjoy!
 
Originally on The Girly Girl Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment