For this salad I used a Chinese Hami melon, also known as a "snow melon." It was one of the selections in my bountiful basket and after some research found that it is similar to a cantaloupe in taste and texture. The major difference between the Hami melon and cantaloupe is that the Hami melon is a bit sweeter and more crisp in texture. It has an egg like shape and the outer skin is a white-to-yellow color (hence "snow" melon). All I know is that this Chinese-based fruit was in my basket and I'm glad it was! I love trying new fruits and veggies, and this one was a win!
If you can't find Hami melons, cantaloupe easily replaces it in this recipe. If you are lucky enough to stumble upon a Hami melon, give it a try!
Cucumber Melon Salad
- 3 cups Hami/Cantaloupe Melon (1 small melon), cubes or balls
- 3 cups Seedless Watermelon (1 small melon), cubes or balls
- 2 cups sliced Cucumber
- 6 Basil Leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil (or Extra Light Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper, to taste