The fabulous thing about this sherbet recipe is that it is so easy to change up! You don't have to make it with just huckleberries, you can use any berry of your desire whether it be cherries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc. You get the point. Either way, it's absolutely creamy, dreamy and delicious.
The reasons I went for huckleberry flavored sherbet are......
1) Huckleberries are my favorite berry of all time.
2) The huckleberries were in the freezer were begging for me to use them.
3) I know that the men in my life absolutely love huckleberries. My father-in-law in particular is a huckleberry fanatic and I'm pretty sure if I tell him I've made a dessert containing huckleberries, that he would instantly be over at my house for a taste.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen Huckleberries (or any berry of your choice)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 cups 2% or Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
Add the cooled huckleberry mixture to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add milk, cream and lemon juice and blend briefly to combine.
Freeze the sherbet according to your ice cream maker's instructions, then transfer to an airtight container and freeze for at least 24 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Originally on The Girly Girl Cooks